Monday, June 1, 2009

Brianna's 4th Birthday

Yes, my baby is now 4 years old! It's hard to believe. Times goes by way to fast! Brianna sure had a birthday to remember. The festivities started out a week ago with her party at school. Turned out when I showed up at snack time with the treats, she was sick. She didn't want to pass them out or eat. She just wanted me to hold her. Poor thing. The night before, she was fine and was so excited about the chocolate covered marshmallows on crazy straws. The kids loved them!!





Brianna had her second party at "Blake's House". Jodi is so great about celebrating the kids birthdays. They have treats, balloons, and gifts!! Here is Brianna with her friends; Jacob, Alyssa, and of course Blake.

Yea! 4 candles!! It's so cute when you ask her how old she is. She holds up four fingers and uses the other hand to count each one.


Her 3rd party was at Mamaw and Papaw Johnson's house. We know this is always a big deal because Brianna and Papaw Jerry have the same birthday. Anyone who knows Jerry knows that he talks about this day all year long. He LOVES having the same birthday as Brianna!


Check out the awesome princess cakes. Thanks Aunt Jody!!



Birthday Boy & Birthday Girl. Yes, this is the same day. She just changed her clothes. It's the thing to do these days. Can't just wear one outfit all day. Gotta change it up (at least 5 times or so).



Dora jammies from Grandma and Papaw Miller. Yea!!


Makeup from Aunt Jody and Uncle Darren. Always a hit.....




Camera from Mamaw and Papaw. She has been taking pictures of everything. Yesterday, I had to drag her out of Karen's (next door) house because she went over and invited herself in to take pictures of Karen's stuff.


And......the one she'd been waiting for. The Leapster!!! This picture cracks me up. She opened it and said, "Oh my gosh!" and whipped it out of the paper. She was so excited. I was a little nervous since I knew Papaw was getting a DS. She didn't mind that she didn't get one. She just said, "Papaw, you are so lucky that you got that and I'm so lucky because you're going to share it with me!"




Birthday cakes, courtesy of Aunt Jody. She makes them so well and they are yummy!!!


Brianna's 4th party was on Sunday with the Geyer clan. When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted she said, "Disney Princess Castle Cake." I said ok, then when the party got closer I was a little nervous. I went to Sugarcraft and bought a kit. Even that I thought was going to be way over my head. I've never used icing bags or tips. It was an experience. Of course, I didn't even start on it until around 1:00 and the party was at 5:00. It turned out pretty well! Brianna was thrilled.


Grandma and Papa Geyer bought her a sandbox with toys. That was a hit. The kids really enjoyed it.



Opening gifts. Matthias still digging away.



The one thing that Brianna had to have at the party was a pinata. To bad they don't make the ones you hit with a bat anymore. I guess the strings are safer?!!? Where's the fun in that?


Bagging up the candy. Uncle Mike is just helping Matthias. :)


Cake time!



Another picture of the cake!



Blowing out the candles.


We missed you David and Emily! Brianna loves her game. Seriously, she screamed when she opened it. She's been wanting this.

3 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

I'm simultaneously laughing (at Jerry sharing his DS) and crying (about how much we missed :( ). I can't believe she is 4!

Leigh said...

GIRL WOW on the Cake - GREAT JOB!!!
Looks like she had a blast, big weekend!

Kary said...

SO awesome!! Little Brianna got SO much fun stuff and what beautiful cakes by Jodi and Mommy!!