Thursday, July 23, 2009

Florida

I know, I know...it's about time that I made this post. We've been back from Florida for almost 3 weeks now. So, here you go. For our summer vacation, this year we went to "Grandma's Beach House". We hadn't been in quite a while and Brianna had been asking to go the beach. Grandma's Beach House is on Sanibel Island. We had an amazing time. It was so relaxing which was just what we all needed!!

We had a morning flight out of Indianapolis flying directly to Ft. Myers, which was awesome. Brianna wanted to look out the window. She obviously doesn't take after me. I call the aisle seat every time. She loved that she got to jam to Hannah Montana on the Disney radio channel.







Ok, these pictures are a little out of order. One of the things we always do is go to the outlet malls because they are awesome! We spent 5 hours one day at the outlets. While we were there Brianna and I got our nails done. She LOVED this!!




The very first thing Brianna wanted to do when we got there was go to the beach. Well, we arrived at the house around dinner time, so we decided to go out to eat. Then we went to the grocery and by that time it was getting late and we were all tired. So, I promised her that we would go first thing in the morning. At 6:30am the next morning she had her bathing suit in hand and was poking at me, " Mommy, Mommy.....can you help me put this on?" I'm happy to say we did not disappoint. We were all at the beach by 7:30am!! By the time we left, most people were just getting there.

Brianna and Jayme played in the sand and water while I mainly just sat in a chair and relaxed. They built a HUGE sand castle the day that I (of course) didn't bring my camera, but I have pictures on my phone to prove it! Honestly, I think Brianna's favorite part of going to the beach was the outdoor showers by the bathrooms. She could have stayed there all day!



Jayme buried Brianna in the sand a few times.


Brianna looking for shells which are not hard to find on the beaches of Sanibel.






Chillin' out, eating a snack.


More shell hunting. Look at that beach bod!


Beach buddies.


Brianna's favorite restaurant on the island is hands down the Lazy Flamingo. There are actually two of them on the island and we visited both of them! Brianna thought it was super cool that they hung up the picture that she colored.


Not only did we shop, get our nails done, go out to eat and go to the beach. We also went to the playground, the park to see the birds and lemurs and feed the ducks! We rode bikes quite a bit too.
We also watched High School Music'school' about 15 times! We can all sing just about every song in that movie. Jayme would walk in the tv room and say, AGAIN?

We took Brianna to the library which was the only place to check your email since I didn't bring my laptop. Here she is playing games on the computer.



The second time we went to the Lazy Flamingo (the other one), we sat at the bar. Brianna had been asking to sit at the bar at every restraunt we went and lucky for her it was the only place with open seats. Her seat was right next to the door and the counter where you ordered so she was in heaven. She talked to everyone that walked by......totally in her element.


My girl!


Brianna took this picture.

We left on July 4. The festivities started early (which is a good thing since it's so hot!). So, while I cleaned the house, Jayme and Brianna ride bikes to watch the parade.


Gotta have a water bottle. Sitting in the back of the bike is hard work!



Jayme and Brianna at the parade.

After the parade, lots of places had stuff for kids to do. In the Jerry's parking lot, they had lots of inflatables and free food!


Wheee!!!



Grandma's friend, Pat, came over for a visit so she could see how big Brianna was. Pat lives across the street.

Later that day we headed home. Waiting at the airport is a bummer especially when your flight is delayed!


She learned this from her father.......barf bag.


After we landed it was late and cold! We treated ourselves to Starbucks!!

3 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

LOVE this! I love the picture above "beach buddies". hahaha! I need to get her 4 year pictures from you! When are y'all coming down here next?

mom said...

Thanks for posting the pics! I loved seeing them.

Kary said...

Glad I checked this blog! I'm so bad about blogging..I haven't done it forever!! But I love checking everyone else's! Looks like you had a GREAT time! :)